Saturday, January 14, 2012

Birdie Sling

I know I'm a little late to the Birdie Sling party; just about all my crafty friends have made one or two.  Here is my version.  I made it at 75% size, since I like a smaller bag, and I used a Good Folks print and shot cotton.  I wish I could find more of that fabric.
I used two layers of fusible fleece as interfacing, which turned out to be overkill (unless you want your bag to stand on its own).  Next time I'll use just one layer and include a magnetic closure. I've already picked my fabrics for Birdie number two.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

gorgeous bag!!

Krista Schneider said...

It's beautiful! Now I gotta make one...

charlotte said...

Now that's cute! I made one a couple of years ago, and you're right. It's a bit too big. I never thought of scaling it down. Love the fabrics too.

Sharon said...

Very cute bag. I want one!

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Smashing use of Good Folks. Looks made to go with that Shot Cotton.

Katie said...

I love the bag! I've thought about making one too. I"m sure that one day soon I'll jump on the bandwagon!

**nicke... said...

i do love that pattern and your fabric choices are awesome! it is such an easy bag to put together but i agree, a little over kill on the interfacing... that is amy butler for you though. ;)