Thursday, May 23, 2013

Spring Quarter

I am excited to be able to share this quilt with you at last.  I made Spring Quarter using a fat eighth stack of Oakshott Impressions.  The colors are just lovely, each woven with a white thread.  The way the fabrics are woven gives them shimmer and depth.  I can't say enough about them really, and the fact that Oakshott is a family business that produces quality fabric in an ethical way makes me extra proud to work with them on a few patterns.
Spring Quarter is a beginner-friendly pattern made of quarter log cabin blocks.  You may recognize the pattern from a baby quilt I made earlier which is available here.  These colors change it so much!  I chose a spiral pattern for the quilting, which contrasts with all the sharp angles.
 
I'm happy to share the pattern for this simple quilt.  It includes instructions to make the quilt in two sizes: the 34 x 34 baby quilt/wall hanging shown here, as well as a 50 x 65 throw sized version.  The step by step instructions include digital illustrations.  You can download the free pattern here.
 
One more piece of good news is that you can now purchase Oakshott fabrics from Marmalade Fabrics.  Tammy has the Impressions fat eighth bundle as well as some other really gorgeous color ways.  The one called Water is calling to me.
As always, I would love to see what you make.  Add your own Spring Quarter photos or anything else you've made from teaginny patterns or tutorials to the Flickr group.  It's a small group now, so your work will be front and center!

8 comments:

Svetlana said...

it's gorgeous, Alex. Love how pretty and modern and not "loud" it is, simply perfect.

Julie said...

so pretty and subtle. it's lovely! thank you for sharing the pattern - appreciate your generosity!

Vicki said...

Beautiful! I love those pastel colors. Your quilting looks awesome too.

Annabella said...

It's super pretty! I can't believe it only took a Fat Eighth bundle to make it. Lovely!

Jan said...

A lovely design, and thanks for the tutorial. I think it would be easy to make a larger quilt, too.

CitricSugar said...

mmmmmm….. oakshott……

Lovely and light. Beautiful quilting!

Paula said...

I have a FQ bundle of these that I just bought. Now I know why I bought it!!

Alisa said...

It's a beautiful quilt!