Tuesday, December 3, 2013

It's Still Fall, Right?

I finished up my quilt for Fall over the holiday weekend. Technically, it is still autumn until December 20th, so I'm calling it a win.  I'm sure it won't be the last quilt that doesn't get done as quickly as I'd hoped.
The weather is about to turn really cold here, so I snapped some quick pictures while the sun was out today.
I quilted straight lines on either side of the main diagonal seams to prevent shifting during the simple free motion, dot to dot design I quilted in each diamond.
It creates an interesting texture on the back of the quilt. The flannel back is going to be so cozy.  I found this Timeless Treasures crosshatch flannel on a super sale, and I've heard great things about how it washes.
The binding is an orange hounds tooth by Denyse Schmidt.
 
Now that it has been documented, this 60" x 60" quilt is ready for use on the couch...next to the Christmas tree.  Oh well.  Maybe I'd better start, now, on a Christmas quilt for next year.

8 comments:

Jayne said...

Such a cozy looking quilt. Yes, it's still fall so it counts!

Josée Carrier said...

Beautiful! I love all the warm colors. And the quilting looks great. Here in Montreal, the winter has definitely begun. But, I'm quite happy to see all the white snow!

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Wow, that quilting is awesome! Looks like a pattern I'd enjoy FMQing. Thanks for sharing!

Carla said...

Isn't flannel on the back so lovely and cozy this time of year?! Get ready for the snow, Alex!

Little Island Quilting said...

No, it's not fall...it's autumn;-)
Lovely quilt.

Karen Lewis Textiles said...

it's beautiful Alex and quite frankly finishing anytime this year would have been a win...that's how I'm seeing the 2 I still haven't finished from February this year...ahem

knottygnome said...

i think it looks great for any season. love the quilting.

FlourishingPalms said...

It's really pretty, especially with the low volume, texty-looking background. The quilting design you picked suits it well. One of these days, I'm gonna have to try putting flannel on the back of a quilt. No batting, right?