Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Improv Strip Sets Revisited

Wow, it is cold outside.  I'm distracting myself from the subzero temps forecast for us overnight and a third snow day in a row tomorrow by playing with my scrap strips.  I was inspired by the colors in this photo.  It made me remember why green is my favorite color and wonder why I don't sew with it more!
I'm creating simple 5 x 10 finished blocks from improv strip sets, just like the ones I made for The Therapist.  They couldn't be easier to sew, and they use up all those skinny leftover strips.

I plan on making 40 blocks for a 40 x 50 baby quilt, very similar to Partly Cloudy.  I have just a few more blocks to make, and then I will play with the layout.
 

9 comments:

B. Diederich said...

Oh, this looks fun! I am just now thinking of creating a strip quilt (influenced by 'Gone Aussie' Quilting--which is how I found your site). I, too, am getting 3 snow days... What I really like are your prints with text/fonts. I've been out of the quilt world for a while and now I will purchase some of those. Thank you for the inspiration!

Sonia B said...

Very lovely.

Leanne said...

I love the quilts you make using this technique, they are so beautiful.

Stina... said...

Love your colour choice....I am also drawn to green and blue now...and it feels so much fun!!!

C. Jaeger said...

We are on our 4th "sew" day, and I am working on baby quilts , as well. I love your blocks!

Josée Carrier said...

I'm sure I'm going to love this. I love this oolor combination. I love when the sky is gray and the green of the grass looks so saturated. At some point, I would like to make a quilt in these color too.

Andra Gayle said...

I LOVE your colors! I saw a sign a few days ago that had green and grey together and though how they would make a great quilt!

Cheryl said...

I really like the gray and green combination.

Rebecca said...

I love these colors.