Saturday, September 5, 2015

Tiny Icecream Dress and Top

I have the world's cutest, funniest, little niece (and nephew for that matter, but this gift isn't for him). I was to spend some time with her this summer, and I could see my window quickly closing to make things for her to wear before her opinions may overrule. So, I made this sweet Icecream Dress in a tiny size 2T, pattern by Oliver and S, using shot cotton and an Anna Maria Horner print.
The pattern is so well written. I haven't done any garment sewing since high school (a long time ago folks!), but the instructions were easy to follow. I love the sweet little details like the notched pocked and the button closure, but my favorite aspect of this pattern is the clever construction. There are no exposed seams and no raw edges if you use French seams. I feel great knowing it will stand up in the wash, because my niece is a very busy girl. She will be getting all sorts of things on this dress.

I also made a top from the same pattern. This was even quicker to make. The bunny print from Cotton and Steel is so adorable.

Back to quilting soon.

4 comments:

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Such cuteness! Love the bunny top especially.

DianeY said...

I think the Oliver &S patterns are the very best drafted patterns there are for kids and the instructions are so clear, almost like a sewing lesson. I've sewn forever, but I still appreciate those things!
Your dresses are precious

Karen said...

How adorable are these? Here in DownEast Maine, we would say they are absolutely "cunnin" :)

Sarah said...

These are wonderful! I love Oliver & S patterns, too. The Cotton and Steel fabric is just perfect for the top project. So precious--those will be well loved.